Short Course for Foot Care Professionals
The tutors for this weekend are Judith Johnson and Carol Fisher. Carol is a very experienced reflexologist as well as being a Certified Advanced EMMETT Practitioner and EMM-Tech Tutor. Judith has been practising EMMETT for 12 years, is a Certified Advanced EMMETT Practitioner as well as an EMMETT Practitioner Course Instructor both here in the UK and Internationally.
Short Course for Foot Care Professionals
In an exciting new development, in conjunction with Ross Emmett and EMMETT Therapies HQ in Australia, a new course has been launched for Reflexologists, Chiropodists, Podiatrists and Foot Health Practitioners.
The practical, hands-on training will start with the 8 hour EMM-Tech course, which involves learning the basic principles of EMMETT Technique and 11 procedures to help the whole body – from feet to head as listed below. This is great for self care and is considered a muscle “first-aid” suitable for everyone. The second day will be a set of 6 more moves taken from the practitioner and advanced courses, but focussed specifically on helping the lower leg and feet.
This is a fantastic way to learn more about what EMMETT can do in your specialist field. We consider it an in-between step from the Introductory course to the Practitioner course.
Day One- General EMM-Tech
The EMM-Tech short course was created by Ross Emmett so that non-therapists would have the opportunity to use some of his work for self-care and to help friends and family. No prior experience is necessary, allowing everybody a chance to learn these great techniques. No special equipment is needed to be able to carry out these techniques.
The EMMETT Releases taught are:-
• Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) - to free up neck rotation problems
• Pectoralis Minor - used for shoulder problems, and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body
• Biceps - two moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm. An excellent tool to help with frozen shoulder and with any biceps strain.
• Forearm release - will help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems, and RSI
• Latissimus dorsi release - frees up the arm lift where there is a “dragging” under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain.
• Diaphragm/Abdominal release – to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows people to breathe more easily and deeply
• ITB release - quicker and simpler and more comfortable than massage techniques
• ITB/Sartorius - where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs
• Gastroc/calf - for tense tight and fluid filled calves, also assists balance
• Foot balance moves to assist balance and stability
Day Two- Speciality EMM-TECH Day
Foot Care Moves
• Heel Pain – discomfort on heel strike when walking, discomfort deep under foot in centre of heel
• Ankle Pain – ankle pain and discomfort
• Ankle Restriction – ankle joint restriction or rigidity, poor dorsiflexion
• Ankle Release – for ankle discomfort, stiffness and tightness in the area, restricted pronation/supination & heel discomfort
• Foot Pain – discomfort or inflammation at base of big and/or little toes, compressed toes
• Hammer Toe – aching feet, lack of foot and toe flexibility
For this part of the course, we will be using treatment couches or LaFuma chairs, but equally, all these moves can be done in a seated position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course suitable for?
The additional course is suitable for anyone who has a qualification in any of the foot care professions – this includes, but may not be limited to reflexologists, podiatrists, chiropodists and foot health practitioners. Evidence of qualification will be requested.
What will I learn?
The results from these moves are usually immediate – you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after a short demonstration and practise you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for yourself and others. On the additional foot care course you will learn additional moves specifically for the lower leg and feet.
How is the course assessed?
EMM-Tech is not an assessed course however students are supervised during practice sessions and extra assistance is offered where required, so all become confident to perform the moves. A certificate of attendance is awarded.
Can I use the training days as Continued Professional Development (CPD)?
This will depend on which professional body you have membership of. Contact your association and enquire whether you will be allowed to claim CPD. EMMETT Therapies is happy to help by providing them with information about the course for them to evaluate.
Portfields Primary School
Two Day Workshop
February 29th and March 1st 2020
Day One 09:30-18:00
Day One 09:30-16:00
Non Refundable Deposit £100